- Understand routine and non-routine problems in familiar and unfamiliar contexts and situations
- Identify the situation or problems and identify the mathematical methods needed to solve them
- Choose from a range of mathematics to find solutions
- Apply a range of mathematics to find solutions
- Use appropriate checking procedures and evaluate their effectiveness at each stage
- Interpret and communicate solutions to multi-stage practical problems in familiar and unfamiliar contexts and situations
- Draw conclusions and provide mathematical justifications
There are no formal academic entry requirements.
How is the course assessed:
Functional Skills qualifications are intended to support learners as they seek to improve their literacy, numeracy and ICT skills.
Achieving these qualifications should increase candidates’ confidence and motivation, and the skills they gain will be valuable in the workplace or in any further learning.